As physical therapists we can speed up your recovery for neck pain. We are movement experts and excel at creating a custom program to address individual needs.
We will not only resolve your current episode of neck pain but also give you a program to follow to make sure your neck and spine stays healthy going forward.
Prior to starting your treatment, we do a thorough examination to figure out why your pain started in the first place. All limitations will be addressed during your physical therapy treatment.
– We first work on calming down the irritated structures causing the neck pain.
– We want to reduce the inflammation, muscle spasms, muscle guarding and pain that results from what ever may be causing your neck issues.
– Once we’ve controlled the inflammation, then we want to work on restoring motion, strength, flexibility and mobility to your neck, upper back, shoulder blades and shoulders.
– We specifically use stretches, exercises and hands on treatment to achieve these goals.
– By this stage everything should be coming together. Pain should be 75% better, flexibility should be back to normal, all the joints of the neck, shoulders and upper back should move normally.
– Now we get you on your feet and start working on everyday movements like lifting/pushing/pulling. This is an important step because these are the everyday movements that can cause neck pain if done with poor mechanics.
Hands on treatment by the therapist to improve:
– Muscle Tone
– Muscle Spasms
– Disc Pressure
– Relieve Pressure on Pinched Nerve
– Flexibility of the Spine/Shoulders
– Swelling from Inflammation
Specific exercises for your back pain to improve:
– Neck and Shoulder Flexibility
– Neck and Shoulder Mobility
– Flexibility of the Upper Back
– Neck and Shoulder Strength
– Deep Neck Postural Control
– Arm Strength
– Body Awareness
Specific activities to mimic everyday movements to improve things like:
– Tolerance to Sitting/Standing/Driving
– Mechanics Training for Lifting/Pushing/Pulling
– Work Duties Training
– Transfer Training
We use the latest modalities to speed along the healing. Our modalities for neck pain include:
– Shockwave Therapy
– Electrical Stimulation